
During our honeymoon, Freddy and I made a new vacation rule: the last night spent in any city will include a fabulous meal to punctuate our visit. During our last night in Barcelona, before heading to Ibiza, we did just that. We headed to a very hip restaurant called Bestiari that serves contemporary cuisine. I ordered the pine nut and leek ravioli (which was amazing) and I couldn’t wait to eat something like it again. Unfortunately, when I got home, I could find no such recipe. So, I decided to make one myself. I had some ricotta and a leek in the fridge that I wanted to use up. Freddy doesn’t like pine nuts as much as I do so I had to leave them out. But, I’ll sneak them in next time. They turned out fantastic regardless!
If you’re afraid of attempting ravioli, don’t be! Just cheat like I did and use wonton wrappers. Everyone is doing it. Oh, and the white sauce that I was attempting didn’t work out that well, so I just used a packaged alfredo. I think the raviolis would have been very good simply tossed in some olive oil.
I also have to give Freddy props for the asparagus, they were delish!
Leek + Ricotta Ravioli
1 leek, white part only, sliced thin
1 cup ricotta
1 egg
1 package of wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
Salt
Pepper
Start heating water in a large pot. Meanwhile, sauté the leek in a pan with the butter or margarine until it softens. The white parts will start to become translucent. Remove from the pan, blot the excess butter/margarine with paper towel, and cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
Mix the ricotta, egg, cooled leek, and a dash of pepper in a bowl. Working with one or two wonton wrappers at a time, spoon ½ teaspoon of the filling into the middle of each wrapper. Brush water over two edges of the wrapper, and fold over, forming a triangle. Seal the edges with your fingers. Place on a floured baking sheet and cover with a damp towel.
Salt the water once its begun boiling. Add ravioli, 4-5 at a time, in the boiling water, making sure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pot, or to each other. They will float to the top when they’re done. Top with your favorite sauce or olive oil.
Serves 4 (but we froze half of them for next time).
If you’re afraid of attempting ravioli, don’t be! Just cheat like I did and use wonton wrappers. Everyone is doing it. Oh, and the white sauce that I was attempting didn’t work out that well, so I just used a packaged alfredo. I think the raviolis would have been very good simply tossed in some olive oil.
I also have to give Freddy props for the asparagus, they were delish!
Leek + Ricotta Ravioli
1 leek, white part only, sliced thin
1 cup ricotta
1 egg
1 package of wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
Salt
Pepper
Start heating water in a large pot. Meanwhile, sauté the leek in a pan with the butter or margarine until it softens. The white parts will start to become translucent. Remove from the pan, blot the excess butter/margarine with paper towel, and cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
Mix the ricotta, egg, cooled leek, and a dash of pepper in a bowl. Working with one or two wonton wrappers at a time, spoon ½ teaspoon of the filling into the middle of each wrapper. Brush water over two edges of the wrapper, and fold over, forming a triangle. Seal the edges with your fingers. Place on a floured baking sheet and cover with a damp towel.
Salt the water once its begun boiling. Add ravioli, 4-5 at a time, in the boiling water, making sure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pot, or to each other. They will float to the top when they’re done. Top with your favorite sauce or olive oil.
Serves 4 (but we froze half of them for next time).
1 comment:
mmmmmm i love leek!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment