01 October 2008

tomato, cucumber + fresh mozzarella salad



Perfection! I stole this idea from my friend Dianna. Her garden currently has an overabundance of tomatoes, so she's brought this salad to class every day for he last few weeks. And every day, I want to steal it when she's not looking! I'm not 100% sure that she puts mozzarella in hers, but I sure did. You can also add red onion if you're into that.

The salad is amazing - but even more so the next day. Store it overnight in the fridge and bring it for lunch the next day. All ingredient amounts can be varied, but this is what I did...


Tomato, Cucumber + Fresh Mozzarella Salad

Ingredients
3 tomatoes on the vine (or roma), however you want to cut them
1/3 seedless or English cucumber, sliced
4 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
4 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground salt + pepper

Instructions
Toss all ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste. For best results, refrigerate overnight.

1 comment:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

Ugh...you couldn't have found this at the beginning of the summer??? This looks delish!