
After having major issues the last time I tried making nom cookies, I decided to try the chocolate chip cookie recipe in my New Cook Book. All seemed well until it was time to add the chocolate chips - and, I had none. Luckily, we had white chocolate chips and a package of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts (Mauna Loa makes a package containing both).
I made these to take over my friend Kasia's house. While I thought they could have been sweeter, she thought they were perfect. I love the texture of these cookies. Though, I might add more sugar or chips next time. Or add regular chocolate chips and walnuts (yum!). Sorry, Kasia!
I made these to take over my friend Kasia's house. While I thought they could have been sweeter, she thought they were perfect. I love the texture of these cookies. Though, I might add more sugar or chips next time. Or add regular chocolate chips and walnuts (yum!). Sorry, Kasia!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
60 cookies
Ingredients
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 12-oz package white chocolate chips
1 3 1/2-ounce jar macadamia nuts, chopped
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour. Stir in chocolate pieces and macadamia nuts.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for or 9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment