26 January 2009

creamy chicken pasta with spinach + tomatoes


A new school semester has started and so has my blog slacking! I'm going to try really hard to keep it going while I get used to my new schedule... not that it's a crazy schedule, just different!

I made this last week after drooling over the picture in Molly's blog for some time now. I can't believe I waited so long to make this! It was super yummy and extremely simple to make. It is now on our list of favorites. Thanks Molly! 

Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach + Tomatoes

Ingredients
2 cups uncooked pasta (penne)
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can of chicken broth
1 package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1 package frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1 tsp garlic, chopped (I minced mine)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
15 cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Instructions
Cook pasta and drain. Cube chicken breast (1" cubes), heat half the chicken broth in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink (5-7 minutes). Add cream cheese, spinach, remaining chicken broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts. Add tomatoes. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Toss with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.

No comments: