
My friend Tricia (whose blog I can't reference because she doesn't have one - hint hint) told me to make these because they were amazing. And since I'm all about other people making dinner decisions for me, I believed her and made them. Not only were they amazing, but they accomplished the impossible: convincing my husband that he has a secret love of pork (and mustard)! I love when that happens.
So thank you, Tricia for the suggestion. And thank you Jen (domestic diva) for sharing the recipe in the first place. We loved them!
Source: Men's Health magazine via Jen at divainthekitchen.blogspot.com
Serves two
Ingredients
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove, crushed
2 thin-cut boneless pork chops
1 small red apple, such as Gala or Red delicious; cored & diced (I used gala)
2 tsp balsamic or red-wine vinegar
1 tbsp bourbon
1 tbsp grainy mustard; such as Grey Poupon
Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
Combine the oil + garlic in a non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Place the chops in the center of the skillet. Toss the apple with the vinegar + bourbon, and then add the mixture to the skillet between the pork & the edges of the pan. Cook 6 minutes, turning the pork once and the apple pieces a few times.
When ready to serve, top the pork chops with the mustard. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
No comments:
Post a Comment