
This is a family favorite. My grandma and my mom always made it, and now I do, too. Its simple, but so yummy! If you like lemon, this dish is for you. I served it with tabbouleh.
The last couple of times I made it, the potatoes didn't cook as fast as the chicken. I'm not sure how my mom magically does it. So I'll probably pre-boil them next time. Or use a faster cooking potato. I make it with boneless chicken breasts, but it tastes even better with the bone-in chicken breasts. Freddy isn't always a fan of eating meat off of a bone.
Lemon + Garlic Chicken + Potatoes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
2-3 lemons
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 russet potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Italian-style breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with the potatoes. Then place the chicken on top. Mix the lemons, garlic, paprika and olive oil and pour over the chicken and potatoes. The bottom should have about 1/2 of an inch of liquid. If not, add more lemon. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and cover the entire dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last couple of minutes to brown the chicken.
Serves 4.
The last couple of times I made it, the potatoes didn't cook as fast as the chicken. I'm not sure how my mom magically does it. So I'll probably pre-boil them next time. Or use a faster cooking potato. I make it with boneless chicken breasts, but it tastes even better with the bone-in chicken breasts. Freddy isn't always a fan of eating meat off of a bone.
Lemon + Garlic Chicken + Potatoes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
2-3 lemons
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 russet potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Italian-style breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with the potatoes. Then place the chicken on top. Mix the lemons, garlic, paprika and olive oil and pour over the chicken and potatoes. The bottom should have about 1/2 of an inch of liquid. If not, add more lemon. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and cover the entire dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last couple of minutes to brown the chicken.
Serves 4.
1 comment:
I will be making this...thanks for the post.
Post a Comment