A couple of weeks ago, Freddy excitedly told me about a new market that had just opened by his work in Ann Arbor. He had ventured in during lunch one day, and has been looking for every excuse to go back. When I emailed him a small shopping list yesterday, he knew just where to go: Plum Market.
Having never been there myself, I wasn’t exactly aware of the premise of the store. Until, that is, I started peeling and cutting up the produce that Freddy brought home last night. Never have I seen such fresh potatoes! “These must be local or organic,” I immediately thought. And, I was probably right:
“Mixing the very best in natural, organic, specialty and local products, the aisles are filled with inviting aromas and unexpected delights.”
-plummarket.com
We have been trying to eat more organic, natural and local products. Not only is it beneficial to our heath and the environment, but it helps to fuel the local economy as well. Yes, the prices are a little more inflated (as always with organic), but the quality and benefits certainly outweigh the cost. Plus, more demand for organic foods = more supply of local/organic foods = lower prices on local/organic foods.
There are currently two Plum Markets in the area: Ann Arbor + Bloomfield. Check it out!
Having never been there myself, I wasn’t exactly aware of the premise of the store. Until, that is, I started peeling and cutting up the produce that Freddy brought home last night. Never have I seen such fresh potatoes! “These must be local or organic,” I immediately thought. And, I was probably right:
“Mixing the very best in natural, organic, specialty and local products, the aisles are filled with inviting aromas and unexpected delights.”
-plummarket.com
We have been trying to eat more organic, natural and local products. Not only is it beneficial to our heath and the environment, but it helps to fuel the local economy as well. Yes, the prices are a little more inflated (as always with organic), but the quality and benefits certainly outweigh the cost. Plus, more demand for organic foods = more supply of local/organic foods = lower prices on local/organic foods.
There are currently two Plum Markets in the area: Ann Arbor + Bloomfield. Check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment